Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Sunday of Reflection

I'm doing that thing I do sometimes, I'm missing home. I can't help but thinking that right now I'd be at C&C's with a bunch of people after church. Sunday's were pretty much my favorite. We'd hang out at Kara's or go over to the boys' house. Occasionally, we'd pass the time by going on a hike or driving a tractor (well that only happened once). I will, obviously, be alright... it's just one of those days.

I went to two fiestas this weekend. There are fiestas all the time here. One on Thursday night and another on Friday night. Dancing is pretty much my favorite... I love turning off my brain for a couple hours every now and then.

Yesterday, the group went into Lima. It was pretty fun, I suppose. I got to eat at Pizza Hut (I would say that was probably the highlight). We did get to see the ocean, at Miraflores, and beautifully colorful houses on the hillside behind the Palacio de Gobierno. Hopefully, I can get the pictures from people who had their camaras with them. I'm super tired these days so we came home pretty early and I fell asleep at like 8 haha. I'm fully aware of how lame it sounds to fall asleep at 8pm on a Saturday night. Definitely out of my character.

I think that people need to convince my parents to get an exchange student. I just feel the need to pay it forward in this situation.

Like I said, I miss you all very much!

Melody

No comments: