Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Sickness

It's been a rough couple of days. I offically got sick on Monday morning... Welcome to Peace Corps Peru. Ironically (or maybe not "ironically" based on the theory that there are no coincidences) I recieved a glorious package from home that very same morning. I was pretty much on an emotional rollercoaster all of Monday. Don't get me wrong, the package was very much appreciated but it made me miss home REAL BAD. Who could blame me for missing the people that filled that package with all those amazing things...

Sidewalk Chalk -Apparently, this is a staple in care packages from home sent to me. I do recall recieving some during final crit week at college and making the dean very unhappy with references to "design hell" scribbled all over the sidewalk

Inspirational Quotes from Mommom and Grumps- If you know me, you know I LOVE quotes. I have a book full of them and quotes given by loved ones mean even more than ones I've just found.

Scribbles from Skylynn- Cutest thing ever... enough said.

Crazy pictures of friends from long ago- Thanks Susan... I really wanted pictures of you, Feesh, and Megan looking all "pre-teen" haha

Letters from Feesh, Susan, Tara, and Mom- This needs no explaination. Everyone loves letters!

Season One of the Office- Favorite show ever! Thanks dudes. I watched it all on Tuesday when I spent the whole day in my bed.

Random CDs- Based on my last post, it's pretty obvious why this part was so important to me. Thanks for making me cry to Backstreet Boys and Kid Rock... it sounds sad when you don't know the memories behind them. Oh and Butterfly Kisses? Seriously?? This makes me cry at weddings nevermind alone in my room in Peru!

I'll leave you with a lovely "coincidence"...

quote from Mommom...
"Be careful of the words you speak. Make them soft and sweet. You never know from day to day. Which ones you'll have to eat."

and a postcard from Jenn...
"If you can't say anything nice- don't say anything at all." -Thumper from Bambi
"I encourage- like the Bible in the book of James (my favorite book)- to guard your tongue. As you face challenges know the importance of this valuable lesson." -Jenn

I've become a soft-spoken person in Peru and not by choice. Because of the language barrier, I need to think long and hard about what I want to say before it comes out of my mouth. Its definitely a whole new concept.

Much Love From the Southern Hemisphere,
Melody

No comments: