Thursday, June 12, 2008

In a small internet cafe

Today was our mission impossible. I walked around all morning with my friend Erin trying to find a supermercado. Sadly, there are no supermercados in our town and we were faced with the grueling task of answering a trick question. We had fun and Erin thankfully speaks el español much better than i do. I´m killing time right now before our mission is over. Things are still going well here in Perú. I´m working really hard on my language skills and, hopefully, they are improving. My little hermana is the best! She is so cute and she is always excited to see me. I´m going to try to post my pictures but it takes forever here. When I do, I´ll take a picture of Diana so you all can see how cute she is for yourselves. Bridget´s comment on myspace makes me laugh... ¨You can take the girl out of design class but you can´t take the design class out of the girl.¨It is waay too true! I find myself uncontrollably talking about design related things. Maybe I will give design a shot when all this is done and overwith. Who knows. I´m liking where I´m at right now... Even though every other day I look around and wonder what in the hell I am doing here. I´m fully aware this is the adventure of a lifetime and I fully intend on enjoying it! Oh and I can´t put that Celestine Prophesy book down. It´s a good read regardless of how true it may or may not be. I miss you all very much!!

Señor Panda es mi amigo,
Melody Turner

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think im gonna talk to you through my blogspot..feel special.