Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Last Bit of Training

Life right now is a bit crazy. All I can think is slideshow slideshow slideshow and these are my last couple days here. I suppose it keeps me from getting sad about leaving. I'm pretty sure, I'll be pulling an all-nighter tomorrow night. Maybe I'll do it just for old-times sake. Last night, we had a party at our APCD's apartment. We sat around and read a "fortune quote" and we really bonded. It was almost a surreal feeling of closeness that I've only ever felt a couple times before in my life. My quote...

“It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult.”
-Seneca

I haven't figured out how this applies to my life, yet.

I just had a really weird coincidence with Jesica. Someone started singing 2pac, Go On Keep Your Head Up on the bus last night and I told them about the memory I had involving that song... Jes and I were sitting in her car behind the old design studio right before one of our final crits. I was in shambles and so upset about something trivial (but horrendous to a person that has only slept 5 hours in 1 week). I was crying and, all of a sudden, that song came on the radio. I remember Jes saying, "Just listen to Tupac." haha. It was perfect timing. If you go on my myspace right now you will see that Jes just said she was telling Jeremy about the significance of that song and the day that it came on the radio. It's a funny world we live in.

It is going to be a big weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm praying that everything is working out perfectly for ya! I ended up contacting Bridget, Maureen, and Angie on AIM. ;) I figured id keep in touch with them, especially if they visit you in Peru (I wanna come)! haha They are pretty rad too. Also, about that quote, it totally fits you, you made that jump to go into the peace Corps. Its very fitting with your life..im so proud of you. I love you! Your mom prayed that i would see a coincidence so i know what path to choose and it worked..its a long story, but basically things are falling into place in my life as well. I say, watch for the coincidences still...once God knows your looking for them, he will send you more...its the best way to keep in contact with Angels/God i found.

Love you lots miss nomad