Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Here I Sit

in my site... After all that training, I´ve finally made it. I´m not going to lie, a part of me really wants to go back to the safety of Chaclacayo. It´s a scary thing to start all over again from scratch. I have a good family, though. I´m sitting next to my new host sister right now who also likes to use the internet. At least I won´t be coming here alone. I have a cell phone for the first time in 3 months. Its a strange feeling... and I have yet to really use it. I guess I didn´t make such close friends in training that I feel like I can call just to chat. It was quite a trek getting all of my crap here but I fell in love with Arequipa in the process. I really lucked out. This place is amazing.

I don´t have so much to say, yet. All I did today was unpack, watch the Sex in the City movie, and accompany my mom and sister to a dance class. Tomorrow is another day... I don´t even know where to start here!

I think my homesickness was a little bit magnified today.
I love you and miss you all!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love you! <3 im glad that your host family is good to you. You will be fine :)