Sunday, August 31, 2008

La Punta

My second night here, I was talking to Tara about how lonely I was feeling. I was saying that I really miss home and that I didn´t even feeling like trying to begin work. When I hung up the phone and walked into the living room, I was surprised to see my community partner sitting there. He was eager to discuss ideas for the future and plans for my week. It was a gift from God because since then I have been too busy to unpack, let alone think about being alone.

I have met all of the teachers and the director of the high school, attended a youth group meeting at the health post, and been introduced at a parent teacher meeting. I was invited to join the juniors and seniors on a field trip to the district capital to watch a soccer game. Afterwards, a few of the girls invited me to go running on the beach and we have plans to eat desserts and chat this afternoon. I had dinner with my extended family for my grandmother´s birthday on Friday and yesterday I went to a wedding.

The only down side is that I am having to exercise a great deal of patience with my new family. They are having a hard time allowing me my independence. Which, in turn, is making me feel trapped and overwhelmed. I´m sure, with time, we will work this out.

I got sunburn on my face... I think everyone liked me better when I was whiter. haha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

heeyyyyyy whats your address <333333 haha and what would you like from the USA ;)

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLvK6ffq2cs&eurl=http://www.facebook.com/home.php?

miss you <3
glad you're doing better than when we talked.
my jeep broke down :o(