Saturday, August 2, 2008

Blessed

Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails. Proverbs 19:21

Yesterday, I was given my site assignment for the next two years. For those of you who did not know, I was given an opportunity to voice my opinion on where I wanted to go. As usual, I was okay with anything and so I told my APCD that I could go anywhere and have absolutely nothing, if need be. As it turns out, I will be living on the beach for 2 years with a cell phone, internet, running water, and a toilet. I was willing to "rough it" but, instead, I was blessed with everything I could possibly dream of in a site. I've always wanted to live right at the shore. To be more specific, my site will be La Punta de Bombon in Arequipa. I am the southern-most volunteer in all of Peru which, sadly, makes me far far away from a good number of the people in our group. There are already a few people there from about a year ago, 6 of us from Peru 11 going there, and I am only about half an hour from another volunteer... So, I'm definitely not completely alone.

Tomorrow, I am leaving for a week to visit my capital city (Arequipa) and my site. So, I'll tell you a lot more about it when I know more about it. Also, I'll work on having some visual aids, too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats mel!!!! so exciting!!! when we come visit can we stay near the beach? hehe. maureen and are i gonna start looking into it for february soon :)

Anonymous said...

Me tooo! Me tooo i wanna visit!!! ahhh haha :)

Anonymous said...

alright, so i have a new blog...ha.ha.ha