Friday, July 11, 2008

A Quick Little Something

So, here we are at the end the end of week 5. That puts us exactly half-way through training and time is flying by. Right now, we are preparing to depart for Field Based Training. I am going to Cajamarca (a mountainous department in the north of Peru) to observe the work of a few volunteers currently out there in the field. Hence the name field based training. I'm excited about getting to see a new beautiful place... I'm told there are hot springs there. Which is pretty exciting cause I've only ever gotten to put my feet in them before. Skinny dip in a hot spring is on my list of things to do before I die... Although, I'm not sure what the Peace Corps policy is on public nudity and it might make for an awkward situation with my fellow volunteers.

I've been selected to design the group's t-shirt... thank you design school. Good thing I used Photoshop like everyday. I'll post pictures of the design on myspace. Well, the design I have so far. Design projects are always in a state of transformation and the finished product is usually what you have when you run out of time. At least for me anyway, I am never fully satisfied. So, I'll be working on it right up to the deadline.

In general, I'm doing really well. I miss everyone (as usual). I'm not sick right now ((knock on wood)) and I feel overwhelmingly happy ((for no reason at all))

Adios dudes,
Melody

No comments: