Sunday, October 12, 2008

Mental Pictures

Today, I went to the beach with my family to go clam digging... Yes, I dug up two clams and a whole lot of crabs that kept freaking me out. So, I quit. The real story is that, upon arriving to the beach, we found about 20 guys pulling on two huge ropes. My host dad, brother, and cousin immediately jumped into help. I was not expecting it but in came a huge net full of about two thousand fish. I felt like I was in a bible school story or something. I´ve never seen anything like it and I didn´t even have my camera with me to get the evidence. There were even a few seals that came in pretty close to the net for some food. It was pretty incredible and sad all at the same time because I stood there and watched them all flopping around dying. The guys appreciated my family´s help so much that they gave us like 20 fish of our own.... Which I suppose means I´ll be eating fish all week. ¨At least its not guinea pig. At least its not guinea pig.¨

No comments: