Monday, December 1, 2008

Everything happens for a reason

Awhile back, I programmed this into my Peruvian cell phone as a welcome message. I rarely turn my phone off but somewhere along the journey back to Arequipa it died. After an hour of charging yesterday afternoon, I turned it on to find ¨Everything happens for a reason¨ sprawled across the screen. Not more than a few hours later, I called home to tell my mom I´d made it back safely to the capital city. Instead of my mom´s voice on the other end of the line it was Tara and she was sobbing. Apparently, she was just told a friend of ours had been seriously injured and is in the intensive care unit right now. I don´t know anything more than that.

Sometimes awful things happen and it is very hard to make sense of why they do. Why right now? Why so young? Sometimes all we can do is pray. Even though most of the time we don´t even know what to pray for.

Please pray for Sean Weed, his family, and his friends.

1 comment:

sockermidget said...

st patrick's day. remember.