Thursday, September 25, 2008

Santa Maria of Something

You´re never too old to become younger.
-Mae West

I´ve been dancing around town in a fabulous outfit of every color and pattern imaginable. This is a week of fiestas, not much different than any other week in Peru. There are always fiestas. This week we are celebrating Mary. I´m not sure which one. Apparently, in the Catholic Church, there are quite a few versions of the same people.

Yesterday, the whole school was sitting in the church and they started singing this song with the same tune as Bob Dylan´s Blowin´in the Wind. Which is quite possible, as I have just researched, that the tune could be borrowed from Dylan, which he borrowed from an old slave song. Who knew? Either way... I sang it in my head instead of worshiping Mary. Catholocism in Spanish is hard to follow.

I´m about to leave for Mollendo to meet up with Kelly.
I hope we find something good to eat.

Peace Out.

No comments: